Dianne M. Fetzer
Attorney at Law
Dianne M. Fetzer focuses her practice on representing families in complex divorce and dissolution of marriage, child custody and visitation, child and spousal support, paternity, and adoption matters. After working for several years as an associate attorney, Ms. Fetzer opened her own law practice in 2000. She obtained her certification as a Family Law Specialist from The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization in 2004.
A California native, Ms. Fetzer received her Bachelor of Arts degree in English from Sonoma State University and her Juris Doctorate with Distinction from McGeorge School of Law. While attending McGeorge School of Law, she was a member of the Dean's List, the Appellate Advocacy Honor's Board, and the Traynor Honor Society.
Outside of Ms. Fetzer's practice, she maintains an active involvement in the local community. She regularly teaches classes for the California Continuing Education of the Bar and provides community legal services at McGeorge School of Law. She has also served as a Judge Pro Tem in Sacramento and Placer Counties. Before attending law school, Ms. Fetzer served as a preschool teacher for several years. Currently, she volunteers with the Sacramento Child Advocacy Panel and is a member of a group of attorneys that represents minors in court-appointed cases. She also volunteers at numerous charitable events in the Napa Valley Area.
- J.D., with Distinction, University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law, 1997
- Bachelor of Arts, Sonoma State University, 1993
- Paralegal Certification, 1987
- California, 1997
- United States District Court, Eastern District of California, 1997
- United States Supreme Court, 2003
Professional Association and Affiliations
- Certified Family Law Specialist, State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization
- State Bar of California (Member, Family Law Section)
- Sacramento County Bar Association (Member, Family Law and Solo Sections)
- Sacramento County Regional Committee for the CA State Bar Family Law Section (member & former chair)
- Judge Pro Tem, Sacramento and Placer Counties
- Sacramento Child Advocacy Panel
- State of California, Family Law Executive Committee (secretary & former legislation chair)
- Association of CA Family Law Special Specialists (member)
- American Bar Association (member)
- National Association of Counsel for Children (member)